We are still studying adverbs! These are a lot more difficult to pinpoint than some other parts of speech. Here are some scriptural examples we studied and diagrammed:
Alma 32:11 Ye must not worship God only once in a week. ("only" and "once" are both adverbs and "only" modifies "once." We had fun diagramming that one! I think I even heard the words: "I love diagramming sentences!" --Eliza)
1 Nephi 5:19 These plates of brass should never perish.
Alma 61:6 They are flocking to us daily.
Today's homework assignment:
Grammar Assignment: Write 2 sentences which include adverbs that answer the question, "how often?" Some examples would be: once, sometimes, always, never, occasionally. Be careful not to confuse adverbs with adverbial phrases.
Writing Assignment: Re-write your story of a person who played a practical joke and got caught, and this time include characters' thoughts. Avoid all banned words: go/went, come/came or any form of either. In the back of their writing notebooks is a page full of interesting alternatives.
Due: Tuesday March10th
No comments:
Post a Comment